Old April 19th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

Default M2 6 Meter Yegis

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:28:45 -0400, "Phil"
wrote:

I am thinking for replacing my old Creative Design CL-6A 5 element

6 meter
yagis with one of the M Squared antennas, either a 6M7, 6M7JHV, or

a 6M2WLC.
Does anyone know where there's any comparatiuve data on them or

where there
are product reviews on the 6M7 or 6M2WLC (the JHV was in QST a few

years
back)?

Thanks

Phil Finkle K6EID

There ok if you want a thin element narrowband yagi. They do show

SWR
rise with ice and snow.

Myself I'd want fatter elements for wider bandwidth and a bit more
robust.

Allison

With ice and snow the SWR, if it's not perfect, and it never is, is
just as likely to improve as it is to get worse.

It's radiating efficiciency what matters. And the SWR is no
indication of this. A change in SWR is just another symptom of the
presence of ice or snow.

To see how much efficiency has deteriorated you would do better just
by looking out of the shack window at the weather conditions. From
appearances it is seldom as bad as you think!

After all, all the SWR meter tells you is whether or not the load on
the transmitter is matched to 50 ohms. Just readjust the tuner if you
have one.
----
Reg.