Old April 19th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default M2 6 Meter Yegis

I am thinking for replacing my old Creative Design CL-6A 5 element 6 meter
yagis with one of the M Squared antennas, either a 6M7, 6M7JHV, or a 6M2WLC.
Does anyone know where there's any comparatiuve data on them or where there
are product reviews on the 6M7 or 6M2WLC (the JHV was in QST a few years
back)?

Thanks

Phil Finkle K6EID

There ok if you want a thin element narrowband yagi. They do show SWR
rise with ice and snow.

Myself I'd want fatter elements for wider bandwidth and a bit more
robust.

The design of the yagi (element lengths and spacing) has far greater
influence on the bandwidth than the element diameter. In other words,
a wire yagi could have wider bandwidth than one made with tubing.

It's also hard to say that larger diameter elements always survive
ice and wind better, as there are many variables: taper schedule, tubing
thickness, etc.

Tor
N4OGW