Old April 19th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Worldradio Magazine Predicts Digital Only Ham Radio

What a load of horseshi+. Hams won't sit by and let all their radio
gear become obsolete. Analog HF is here to stay for the next 50 years.
Remember in ham radio things always always change s-l-o-w-l-y, much
like maple syrup running at 40°F. Worldradio is encouraged to print
and speculate on conjecture however this article is actually laughable.
They may be some digital on VHF/UHF but HF? Not in my lifetime.
Remember HF Packet Radio? The 300 baud technology that eventually fell
FLAT ON IT'S FACE? AMTOR and old style 60WPM BAUDOT ran circles around
packet radio. Heck I saw an AEA PK-232 at a hamfest recently going for
$15 and it still remained un-sold at the end of the day. So much 4
digital ham radio. Pooofblttttt!