Old April 19th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Question - Degen DE1108 - Will It Be A Super Radio ? - Or just another 'portable' radio that missed the mark ?

wrote:
I love those nice big chunky portables. I have one of 1970's vintage
that is analogue with half a dozen bandspread bands on it. Sensitive
and sounds very rich. Also easy on those D cells.
I too am waiting for the 1108 . Based on the nice work that
Degen has done so far this radio should be great.
Bob

Yes, I like those big bulky luggables too.
The audio from an older wood-cased Panasonic RF-5000 like this one is
wonderful:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/b3/66/10_12.JPG