Old April 20th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Heil

Default M2 6 Meter Yegis

wrote:

There is a problem with that, 500kHz bandwidth is trivial at 50mhz
so why accept it?

"Accept"? The M2 antennas work hunky dory where all the activity is.

If Ice is not a problem great! Can't ignore it here.

I've used my 6M5 in Finland and here in West Virginia. Ice and snow
don't seem to change anything.

One problem with M2s is that the cable to element coupler is
sometimes a problem.

I got my 6M5 in '88, part way through an assignment in Guinea-Bissau.
It lasted through three additional African assignments with heat,
humidity, dust and rain. It went through three years in wintery
Finland, all with the original element to cable coupler. A 2003 tower
failure made it necessary to replace two directors. While I was at it,
I replaced the original coaxial balun. That's pretty good service. In
fact, after the tower collapse, I replaced the Cushcraft 2m and 70cm
boomers with similar M2 models.

Allison

Dave K8MN