Old April 20th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Suggestions for the DE1108

James Douglas wrote:
Ran wrote:
I've reviewed tons of suggestions and most are great - but I have a
suggestion/request that I have not seen yet. Please include the ability
to keep the dial light on with batteries for more than 15 sec. Hey,
it's my batteries and if I want to run them down, give me that option.
It always seems that just about the time I reach to change the dial (on
most radio's I used) that the dial light goes out and I can't seen the
button I wanted to push. If nothing else, at least give us the ability
to keep the dial light on for about a minute before it goes out.

Everything else about the up coming DE1108 I love. Can't wait to get
one.

Ran

I want every radio to have a timer so I can go to sleep listening to it.
Funny but there are not a great number of radios with that simple thing.
Also, start making antenna's out of rubber, or some type of material
that does not break so easily. How many of us have broken antenna's I
broke mine on the grundig by trying to push it back into it's hole too
damm hard, snap!

FWIW the DE1103 has a sleep timer, and like you I find it useful for
those bedtime dx sessions.

I've never bent or broken an antenna, but I've seen enough of them to
figure out the solution. Just start from the bottom largest segment
and pull down. Don't push down from the top smaller segments.