Old April 21st 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
clfe

Default Crystal Schemes for Vintage 2M rigs

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
Anyone know of a site that lists the freq formulas to determine the proper
xtal freq for the vintage xtal controlled 2M rigs?
Looking for some additional crystals for my IC-21A, and thought other rigs
might use the same mixing scheme.

Dale W4OP

Many - though maybe not all - transmits were Frequency divided by 9 or 12.
The receives used MINUS 10.7 or Minus 10.7 divided by a number. Three comes
to mind, but not sure off the top of my head (too late to think!)

IF you're in need of any crystals, I DO have some here. $2.50 each and they
were pulled from working units. I have a crystal tester, can check before
selling.
In these, the transmits were as stated above - divided by 12. I can look up
the receives.

clffe