Old April 21st 06, 11:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
HFguy

Default Suggestions for the DE1108

m II wrote:
HFguy wrote:

You can tell by the weight of a rechargable D-cell if it's really a
'C' or 'AA' inside. The *real* D-cells are much heavier. You can still
buy real rechargable D-cells but they're expensive. I have some
Panasonic D-cell NiCd's that cost about $12.00 each. They have a
capacity of 5000-mah. They're about five years old and still going
strong.

5000 mah? Impressive. Not even the curmudgeon 'Ace' could call that
limp wristed.

mike

I got the high capacity Panasonic D-cells primarily for a bicycle light
system. It uses five of them in series for 6-volts. They will power a
ten watt headlight for about three hours. In the off season I use them
for other things.