Old April 22nd 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default mobile loading coils

I want to build some mobile antennas for 10 15 and 20 meters but I am
having trouble with the physical design of the coil. My biggest problem is
finding readily available material. A shopping list of things to get at the
Home Depot would be nice. Antenna would be mounted on my pickup tool box and
would like to keep them six ft long so they will fit neatly in the back of
the pickup when not in use. I tried this about a year ago and got the
antennas to work but the PVC loading coil forms came apart after a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.