Old April 22nd 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Gary P. Fiber

Default IC-735 going moble - any comments, pro or con!

On 16 Apr 2006 16:39:41 -0700, "WØCBF" wrote:

Sorry, I gave the incorrect model number for the HF rig. I originally
said 435 when in fact it is a IC-735. I am reposting with the correct
model number.

I am thinking about using my Icom IC-735 HF rig in my truck during a
trip to CA. Has anyone out there used a 735 mobile before and had any
specific problems?

Any help is appreciated
73's
Chuck

Sometimes you get some RF into the mic audio and its almost always
because its being impressed on the mic audio shield. Open the
connector on the end of the mic cord and put a jumper between Pin 6
and 7. A piece of resistor lead tacked into place will do.

This brings to mic audio ground to a direct DC chassis ground and will
get rid of any RF generally on the mic audio. Thats about all I can
think of I have come across using the 735 mobile.

Gary K8IZ