Old April 22nd 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default So you want to be a hacker? Join the Navy

On 21 Apr 2006 14:28:20 -0700, wrote:

Lloyd wrote:
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:13:58 +0000, Iitoi wrote:

R 231756Z APR 03
FM COMNAVSECGRU FT GEORGE G MEADE MD//N00//

[snip]

First, the DoN needs to learn about lower case; next, they should drop
the superfluous Morse code abbreviations (such as BT) from their
official text messages. I know it's tradition, and I know the
rationalizations they use for sticking to the WWII format, but it
really does look like a protocol used by lamers.

And no hacker wants to hang out with lamers.

Well Lloyd what they know and you dont i guess is that TTY doesnt have
lower case. Even though pc's are in use now, their message formatting
and text style is teletype style. Baudot code and all. Join up, it
might do you some good. I happen to have worked 20 years in this exact
field.

given lloyd reported age is a bout 50 by many reports I don't think so

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download