Old April 22nd 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default So you want to be a hacker? Join the Navy

On 22 Apr 2006 00:51:47 GMT, Lloyd wrote:

On 21 Apr 2006 14:28:20 -0700, wrote:

Well Lloyd what they know and you dont i guess is that TTY doesnt have
lower case. Even though pc's are in use now, their message formatting
and text style is teletype style. Baudot code and all. Join up, it
might do you some good. I happen to have worked 20 years in this exact
field.

I happen to have worked for the Navy for more than 20 years too (Naval
Research Laboratory). And TTYs have had lower case capabilities since
the early 60's. Baudot died in the 70's and was replaced by ASCII
(ANSI standard). The Navy kept on truckin' with their old, outmoded
nonsense and used ASCII over satellite links to keep on emulating the
ancient WWII format. The Navy hasn't used real Baudot for years and
years. Their machines aren't even capable of it any more.

Back to the drawing board, devoman1999. You're typing at someone who
has been there. I'm wondering if you're not just blowing smoke.

Having been Army I wondered at the same thing (and esp not being amry
com) but I suspected as much of course Now I wonder why you say you
wonder if devo is blowing smoke, Being polite and foolish?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download