Old April 23rd 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Velocity Factor and resonant frequency

Reg Edwards wrote:
After speed-reading it I came to the conclusion it is unnecessarily
over-complicated.

Maybe making it over-complicated also makes it over-accurate? :-)

What on Earth does "Voltage Magnification by
Coherent Spatial Modes" mean?

It means that super high SWRs result in super high voltages.
It's the usual VSWR = Vmax/Vmin for coherent signals.

Have you compared VF's (a critical parameter) in my programs with
Corum's values for close-wound coils of usual proportions?

I haven't yet figured out the English unit to Metric unit
conversion procedure for turns on a coil. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp