Old April 24th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default mobile loading coils

"Buck" wrote in message

I went to the Home Depot today and found some chimney sweeper brush
handles
. These are about 4 ft long each made of fiberglass and screw together. A
few of these in the back of the truck will allow me to put together nearly
any length antenna I need. Im thinking 40M may be a practical limit Dont
worry I dont drive and ham at the same time.

how much were the sweeper handles?

--
73 for now
Buck

Dont know the price was not marked on them so I didnt bother finding out
being it was late Sunday. I have since looked for them on the internet and
have seen some really outrageous prices $50 for 5ft. Hope the HD price was
not that bad.