Old June 27th 04, 11:36 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Minnie Bannister wrote:
I have particpated in the Field Day activities of two different clubs
over the past three years, and I recall seeing many cases of cans of
soda and but a single can of beer ("lite").

Some wives and whole families were at the Holland (MI) Amateur Radio
Club's FD site for the whole weekend this year, and many other wives
came for the Saturday evening potluck.

You've never operated FD in Wisconsingrin

While someone did find a bottle of something in the CW station, I don't
think anyone drank any of it during the FD period. Might have been more
exciting if we hadgrin.

Seriously, we had a great time at K4FUN. Worked a handful of DX.
(unfortunately not including Walt - we have worked Walt in the past)
And a whole pile of domestic QSOs. My beat up 'ol 1986 Jeep made the
130-mile round trip to Murfreesboro in one piece. And I think we may
have trained a next-generation contester; 12-year-old KI4AYK made some
400+ QSOs on our SSB station.

Gotta love FD...
--
Doug Smith W9WI