Old June 28th 04, 01:24 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

Harold E. Johnson wrote:
Seriously, we had a great time at K4FUN. Worked a handful of DX.
(unfortunately not including Walt - we have worked Walt in the past)
And a whole pile of domestic QSOs. My beat up 'ol 1986 Jeep made the
130-mile round trip to Murfreesboro in one piece. And I think we may
have trained a next-generation contester; 12-year-old KI4AYK made some
400+ QSOs on our SSB station.

Gotta love FD...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

The world has to be expanding instead of shrinking. It never was that far
when I lived in Nashville and went to Short Mountain with the Murfreesboro
club for field days..

This year we were operating from the Rutherford Co. Red Cross office on
the west side of Murfreesboro. But it seems to move from year to year;
last year we were at the Smyrna Airport.

Either way, it's a LONG ride from Cheatham Co.!
--
http://www.w9wi.com