Old April 24th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Ron

Default Collect (Cash) on Delivery C.O.D.

Yes nothing is 100% safe but COD is a lot better than just sending a guy
a Post Office Money Order never to see anything.

Before I would make the payment I would open the box to make sure that
what I have ordered is in it. All the people in my local Post Office
know me so that would not be a problem. If the unit was not in the Box
then the Post Office can go get the guy. I would not take a check for a
COD item only CASH.

Yes PayPal is a good way to do it but a lot still do not have a PayPal
account.

Actually the major think is that the majority of the people committing
fraud are not even going to respond to a request to send the unit COD so
that ends it right there.

Evan Platt wrote:

On 24 Apr 2006 00:37:44 EDT, Ron wrote:

Having been taken by sellers on these Newsgroups a couple of times but
have now learned how to do it. I would like to recommend that anyone
that buys anything from an unknown seller on a Newsgroup to only pay via
the United State Post Office "Cash (Collect)on Delivery". It only
costs the buyer a few dollars but will for sure stop the dishonest
sellers from taking advantage of an easy sell on a Newsgroup. Of course
the exception to this rule is you know the person that you are buying

from and know they are honest.

Well, COD - the Postal service doesn't validate / verify the check.
You can still be burned unless you pay CASH.

And then me, as a buyer.... If I pay CASH, and end up opening the box
to find out it's a package of rocks, I'm SCREWED.

I think PayPal via credit card funded payment is much better.