Old April 25th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default Collect (Cash) on Delivery C.O.D.

As a seller, I once sent some expensive microwave equipment COD to a
buyer. Unfortunately, the buyer had second thoughts on the $1500
purchase (he claimed to have "recent problems with the IRS") and never
picked up the item. UPS finally returned to me and on the return trip
UPS smashed everything up. It was insured, but a hassle to collect from
UPS. I for one will not COD again for that reason.

Evan Platt wrote:

On 24 Apr 2006 00:37:44 EDT, Ron wrote:

Having been taken by sellers on these Newsgroups a couple of times but
have now learned how to do it. I would like to recommend that anyone
that buys anything from an unknown seller on a Newsgroup to only pay via
the United State Post Office "Cash (Collect)on Delivery". It only
costs the buyer a few dollars but will for sure stop the dishonest
sellers from taking advantage of an easy sell on a Newsgroup. Of course
the exception to this rule is you know the person that you are buying

from and know they are honest.

Well, COD - the Postal service doesn't validate / verify the check.
You can still be burned unless you pay CASH.

And then me, as a buyer.... If I pay CASH, and end up opening the box
to find out it's a package of rocks, I'm SCREWED.

I think PayPal via credit card funded payment is much better.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P