Old July 3rd 04, 01:38 PM
Jesper Wolf Jespersen

Hello Peter.

Can someone enlighten me about the purpose of spotting a DX-station's
'precise' QSX?

That's eight spots in eight minutes and six of them want to make us

believe
that the DX-operator has finetuned his RX to ignore anything 10 Hz up or
down the purported QSX.

Today a lot of HAMs use remote control for the rig, and giving the correct
split frequency setting makes it possible for the DX hunter to just click og
the spot to be talking to the guy.
Of cause if the information is wrong there is not much help, but thats not
realy a fault in the system.

I'd like my DXing without spoonfeeding, thank you.

Why are you using a DX cluster then?
You should be scanning the bands, not the internet :-)

Greetings from Denmark
OZ8ACE Jesper