Old July 3rd 04, 02:21 PM

On 3 Jul 2004 11:03:55 GMT, (Peter Lemken)
wrote:

Can someone enlighten me about the purpose of spotting a DX-station's
'precise' QSX?

That's easy to explain. When the Deeee-X is werkin' speeeeeeeet, most
of todays internet Deeeee-X'ers can't figure out where he's listening,
so at least this way they have a chance if they can change the VFO
fast enuff - as opposed to sitting there yelling their callsign over
and over on the same frequency and hoping. They never do seem to
figure out that a) everybody's receiver frequency isn't exactly the
same and b) any smart DX who is working speeeeeeet moves around, but
these guys are Cluster Monkeys so we don't expect them to be too
smart........

73, Jim KH2D