Old April 25th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Ring

Default Velocity Factor and resonant frequency

Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
snip
To sum up, the G-line surface wave is very different from the normal TEM
waves around an isolated wire. Unless you take specific steps to excite
this particular mode, it won't occur at all, so it isn't relevant to the
main topic under discussion.

Ian,

Thanks for the explanation. It was very helpful as well as concise.

And I didn't think it had much to do with the main topic when I diverted
to this one, except for the phrase "single wire transmission line", but
that never stopped anyone else here before!

tom
K0TAR