Old April 25th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
- exray -

Default 6K8 Sensitivity

Rod wrote:
Hello, I'm restoring a Hallicrafters S-20R. I've managed to bring it
back from the grave by installing new caps, a few new resistors and
replacing a bad tube. Although its back to life, it still has some
issues, one I hope someone here can help with. When I touch the cap of
the 6K8 tube with my finger, the audio becomes much louder. Or the
sensitivity increases. Not sure which. But my question is why? What
should I look for in order to have the radio play at the volume without
holding my finger there. It gets very boring. Any help would be
appreciated.

Alignment...or if this is happening only on BCB it may be a combination
of alignment and inferior antenna.

GL,
Bill