Old July 4th 04, 07:18 AM
Wes

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:33:10 GMT, Doug Smith W9WI
wrote:

|Peter Lemken wrote:
| Can someone enlighten me about the purpose of spotting a DX-station's
| 'precise' QSX?
|
|Unfortunately, in a day & age when half the pileup calls every time the
|DX stops transmitting* (regardless of whom, if anyone, the DX came back
|to), this may be the only way to get any idea of where the DX is
|listening....

I don't use spots (no packet and the computer isn't even in the shack)
but you can often tell where the last spot had the DX just by
listening to the pileup move around.

These guys miss out when the DX says, "Listening .210 to .250 [pause]
and 14.190." I work 'em on 14.190 [g].