Old April 26th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default international radio

David wrote:

On 25 Apr 2006 19:21:28 -0700, "Amy" wrote:

From NY: WKTU (club music), Z100 (top40), etc.
From France: NRJ(pop), Nostalgie (oldies), etc.

As you can see I am not looking for anything obscure, just a better
variety of music. Everytime we are in NY or France we are rejuvinated
with the radio. You know when you hear a song that you love but you
haven't heard it in ages, and you turn to the person next to you and
you shout, "I LOVE this song!"? Well, we never say that up here.
I am willing to give the Sony a try. I will purchase one in the next
couple of weeks and dive in head first to it. Guess I'll figure it out
through trial and error, like most things in life!
Thank you all so much for the help.

Go for the Sirius. Music sounds bad on the shortwave.

I'll have to agree. You can find interesting music on shortwave, but
we're talking Russian folk music and African pop. It doesn't sound like
your taste in music is THAT eclectic, so Sirius has 12 channels each of
practically every format you'd ever want to hear. Depending where you
are in Canada, you may be able to receive FM from the northern US with
the right equipment. I don't think that the Tivoli Audio Model One is
still made anymore, but you can probably find one on ebay. Best FM radio
ever built. Then look for a real FM antenna, not just a length of
twinlead but something from C. Crane.