Old April 26th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default mobile loading coils

"Buck" wrote in message

I went to the Home Depot today and found some chimney sweeper brush
handles
. These are about 4 ft long each made of fiberglass and screw together. A
few of these in the back of the truck will allow me to put together nearly
any length antenna I need. Im thinking 40M may be a practical limit Dont
worry I dont drive and ham at the same time.

how much were the sweeper handles?

--
73 for now
Buck

Buck, when I saw them there wasnt a price on the handles so I went back
today to check. All of the chimney sweep items were gone. I checked and
found that these items are seasonal and wont be back out until August or
September, day late and a dollar short. It doesnt make sense to me, this is
the time of year that they should be out. I have never cleaned a chimney but
have had it done and you dont do it during the heating season.

Oh well, I still think these have great possibilities as antenna parts
barring they dont turn out to be super expensive.

Jimmie