Old April 26th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt

Default Lightning protection

In article . net,
Peter O. Brackett wrote:

But are the thunderclouds lumped elements or transmission lines,
peter?

Hmmm... Thunderclouds, lumped or distributed? It all depends upon the
application requirments... if the occurence is infrequent one may make a
quasi-static assumption and invoke DC conditions.

I suspect that they're more correctly modelled as resonant circuits...
specifically, as quartz-crystal oscillators.

I keep hearing pilots talk about "clouds full of rocks"...

--
Dave Platt AE6EO