Old April 26th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default international radio

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:31:07 -0700, running dogg wrote:

I'll have to agree. You can find interesting music on shortwave, but
we're talking Russian folk music and African pop. It doesn't sound like
your taste in music is THAT eclectic, so Sirius has 12 channels each of
practically every format you'd ever want to hear. Depending where you
are in Canada, you may be able to receive FM from the northern US with
the right equipment. I don't think that the Tivoli Audio Model One is
still made anymore, but you can probably find one on ebay. Best FM radio
ever built. Then look for a real FM antenna, not just a length of
twinlead but something from C. Crane.

I have a Model One and a BA Recepter. The Recepter is better than the
Model One. Sangean also has a Recepter clone, but I haven't tried one
of those.