Old April 26th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default international radio

In article .com,
"Amy" wrote:

Guys, my head is reeling! I also posted this question on an Apple forum
(I am a mac user) and I too have been sent to Short Wave by them. But
we are looking to ROCK THE HOUSE and feel like we are home again. The
broadcasts need to be clear. I am in Montreal, so the NYC stations are
not far. It's the France ones that will be harder. we are specifically
looking to hear live broadcasts from our respective hometown stations,
not just good music but the feeling of being home too (we've been here
11 years, you'd think we'd be over it by now!). I am fearing my best
bet is to just do it through the computer via the internet. My
hesitation is just over-using my Powerbook which is vital to my job.
Maybe I can buy a cheap second hand computer or laptop to hook up the
internet to the stereo speakers...

Sorry for misunderstanding what you wanted. You were sent to the wrong
place unless you are interested in broadcast band or short wave
listening. You have two choices other than short wave and that is XM,
Sirius satellite or streaming Internet.

Why are you afraid of Internet streaming? You have OSX and it
multitasks no problem so you can work and stream at the same time. That
is what I do. Do you have a low bandwidth connection? Why don't you use
Itunes radio? Maybe they don't have what you want?

How about this streaming link
http://www.440.com/440satx.html

Another streaming link
http://www.live365.com/stations/easye12

To find radio station links use this. If the station has a web page this
will find it and you can go there looking for a stream link.
http://radio-locator.com/

Music on the Internet
http://www.netradio.com/

--