Old April 27th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Default Preselectors

Well, I'm using RG-58 cable with connectors made for RG-8 soldered on the
ends. Probably not the cleanest setup. Most radios aren't grounded. I
don't notice any difference on the ones that are. This station comes in on
just about everything that has an amplifier in it and probably a few things
that don't! Sometimes it is terrible, other times it's not bad. 99.9% of
the time after dark when they cut their power back to, I believe, 5 kw, it's
not a problem at all.

If I worked nights, I'd be looking for a new hobby...

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
. com...
LOL I'm already using one of yours! That sucker still gets through.

How
would 2 work in series?

2 in series works. But let me ask-
does your station have a good RF ground?
Is the antenna input to the filter low impedance shielded?
Is it possible that the station, while meeting FCC specs, still has
harmonics that would be audible at your QTH?

Dale W4OP