Old April 27th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design

Default Checkin' out dummy loads with a VNA...

Hi all,

I'd like to see what this new dummy load I just bought on e-bay looks
like under test at its purported frequency limit of one Gig.
Problem is, all the documentation I have for my VNA shows devices to be

tested having *two* connectors (an 'in' and an 'out' if you will) like
filters for example. I can only connect to the *one* connection that
dummy loads typically have, since it'a a termination device rather than

a through one like a filter or attenuator. Does that mean I can't
analyse its
characteristics? Or is there a work around/special cable configuration
that would solve
this problem?
Thanks,
clueless paul