Old April 28th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tom Holden

Default international radio

"David" wrote in message
On 26 Apr 2006 13:55:32 -0700, "Amy" wrote:

Guys, my head is reeling! I also posted this question on an Apple forum
(I am a mac user) and I too have been sent to Short Wave by them. But
we are looking to ROCK THE HOUSE and feel like we are home again. The
broadcasts need to be clear. I am in Montreal, so the NYC stations are
not far. It's the France ones that will be harder. we are specifically
looking to hear live broadcasts from our respective hometown stations,
not just good music but the feeling of being home too (we've been here
11 years, you'd think we'd be over it by now!). I am fearing my best
bet is to just do it through the computer via the internet. My
hesitation is just over-using my Powerbook which is vital to my job.
Maybe I can buy a cheap second hand computer or laptop to hook up the
internet to the stereo speakers...

These tune selected internet radio stations and require no computer.

http://www.rokulabs.com/products/soundbridge/index.php

That looks like an excellent suggestion for Amy and her partner's musical
interests, technical capabilities and desire for pretty good stereo quality.
Many Internet 'radio' stations stream at 128 kbps and can sound quite
decent. If dropouts due to network congestion have not been a problem on the
Mac, then they should not be with this radio-like appliance.

Tom