Old April 28th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Default Preselector

I'm not entirely sure I want one but the price could be a determining
factor.

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
If ya really want a 956, I have one for sale . . .

wrote in message
oups.com...

Preselectors are OK ; they do block some stuff;
- however, it comes at a price of a few less decibels of input from the
antenna

Buy the Cheaper MFJ unit; it will probably help the older tube sets.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-956

I had it , then upgraded to the 1046;
- which I have now disconnected..

Nice, but not mandatory

Jim Hackett wrote:
I've been getting all kinds of advice from everyone wherever I
posted this question and I really appreciate everyone's replies but I

guess
I wasn't too clear on my needs. I
shouldn't have even mentioned the blowtorch as it really isn't a

problem.
IF I was at home during the day and wanted to listen to the shortwave,

it
would be a MAJOR problem. Alas, I work for a living and am not home

during
the day. I just mentioned that. Why, I'm not sure. What I was

REALLY
wanting to know was if a preselector would help with blocking spurious
signals and images out of my older tube single conversion radios.

Nothing to
do with the blowtorch. He isn't a problem in the evening after they

turn
down the power. Again, I appreciate everyone's comments. I am

learning
more than I could have hoped to.