Old April 28th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default TT-247 and 102 whip for mobile antenna ?

I have a TenTec 247 manual antenna tuner. I am thinking about
installing a roof-mount over the space between the driver and
passenger in the front of my mini-van and hanging my TT tuner below
it. I understand the combination with automatic tuners works well,
but I have been warned against using the TT to tune short antennas on
low frequencies. Of course, this was in reference to dipoles and base
antennas. The problem is reportedly that the loading coil will heat
up and be damaged and have to be re-wound.

I have about a 2 foot extension that I may also use to extend the
antenna a little.

I don't have the money to spend on auto-tuners and I have everything
but the whip and mount for the antenna configuration I just described.

comments?

--
73 for now
Buck