Old April 28th 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Barry

Default Namibia - V51AS QSL

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:26:43 GMT, "Pat Whelton"
wrote:

Anyone know the secret to getting a card from V51AS? I worked this guy on
40 meters in February of 2004, 2005 and 2006. I've sent cards via the
bureau, via WF5E and direct with green stamps. I have yet to receive a card
back. I've heard the Postal System in Namibia is known for pilfering the
mails. Can Certified Mail be sent overseas? If you have Frank's card how
did you do it?

This came up recently on the DX-CHAT reflector. Most people never get
a response, even with Registered Mail. Pilfering may be the excuse,
but it's no excuse for someone in a country with unreliable mail
service to not use a QSL manager. There are plenty of volunteers out
there.

My advice is to work another V5. It's not THAT rare a country.
Barry W2UP
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies