Old April 28th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Joerg

Default Checkin' out dummy loads with a VNA...

Hello Paul,

Okay guys, thanks.
Yes, as you've surmised, I'm only just beginning to get to grips with
this complex piece of kit and there is *much* to learn indeed. In my
defence, I have to say although I purchased this thing 5 months ago,
I've only now been able to assemble the ancilliary cables, loads,
splitters and whatnot to be able to check it out properly. All I could
do back in December was to switch it on and check for signs of life.
Now, however, things start to get rather more complicated ( but
hopefully stimulating, too).

Just curious, which VNA are you using?

Tentec has a really nice one. Only goes to 100MHz but for around $700 it
seems like a good deal. Some of my clients could have used these but
unfortunately this VNA does not seem to have an industry-standard
calibration scheme. Wish they did, then I could probably get rid of my
heavy 4191 in the lab.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com