Old April 29th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default TT-247 and 102 whip for mobile antenna ?

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:19:33 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Buck wrote:
I have used a Hustler on 75 before. I was definitely
a weak signal station. I can only imagine that a tuned whip would
generate similar results, or more likely, poorer results.

Following are the summarized normalized combined results
of three 75m mobile antenna shootouts held in California
during the 1980's.

0 dB - (Reference) Bugcatcher or Screwdriver with large top hat

-2 dB - Bugcatcher or Screwdriver with no top hat

-5 dB - 8.5' whip with bugcatcher base loading coil

-6 dB - Bugcatcher with Stainless Steel Loading Coil

-8 dB - Hustler High Power system

-9 dB - Outbacker

-12 dB - Hamstick

-12 dB - 11.5' whip with SGC-230 autotuner

-14 dB - 8.5' whip with SGC-230 autotuner (estimated, not measured)

Thank you, that is good to see.

--
73 for now
Buck