Old May 1st 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Transmitter splatter

In article ,
(Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

There is another station near but not on channel that plays havoc with
the BBC on 7160. The carrier off something like 1 KHz is the main
problem. I again have to listen sync selective sideband on 7160 or use
the notch filter.

I think that's the second harmonic of the TV color burst frequency.
A lot of consumer electronics run their micro/TV video chips on
7.15909, or 14.31818 MHz resonators or xtals. And since the damn things
are always on to "listen" for remote control commands...

That's a good thought. I don't own a TV but I live in town surrounded by
them. Also have TV satellite dishes on the roofs around me. Those things
must have local oscillators for the down converters build into them. The
TV's around here are either connected to these satellite dishes or cable.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California