Old July 18th 03, 05:42 AM
Dr. Slick

Roy Lewallen wrote in message ...
I agree that it makes some sort of sense to call radiation resistance a
"ficticious resistor". It makes no sense to call it a "ficticious
resistance" -- any more than you'd call the capacitance of a short
antenna a "ficticious capacitance". It only advertises a lack of
knowlege of the principles of basic electricity.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Actually, you are correct. I mis-quoted him somewhat. He calls
the radiation resistance of an antenna as the value of a ficticious
resistor that would dissipate the same amount of power that is
radiated by said antenna.

Wouldn't want to denigrate the reputation of a cool dude...

Slick