Old May 1st 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.radio.cb
GregS

Default recording using a Astatic D-104 mic

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article .com, "Mark"

Want to use an Astatic Sliver Eagle for recording. This mic has a 4
pin connector. In order to use it for recording I need to get it to
an XLR or 1/4 inch connector. Is there an adaptor? Will I need to
wire a different connector on it? If so, can someone tell me what
wires should go to where on the new plug. Thanks.

why would you want to do that?

if i remember, the D104 is a crystal mic which is Hi .Z

I would guess at the type of connector. Typical communication
rigs of past. Wire up a new connector. Two have to connected to the PTT
switch. You should have a HiZ amp, perhaps a guitar amp could be
adapted, except the thing has hig voltage but low current. Most tube preamps
should work.

I almost bought the aniversery edition the last time around, gold plated.
http://www.cbsite.nl/modif/diversen/...icwirediag.htm
These connectors often came undone, since the transmitters
didn't have a set pattern.
The sound was distinct, but most people could not afford these
to transmit.

greg