Old May 1st 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default DX-160

On 1 May 2006 05:25:03 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Just "won" a DX-160 off ebay and am wondering if anyone has an electronic
version of the owner's manual they'd care to post or point me at for
download?

Congratulations, you will get a lot of listening enjoyment from that
radio I'm sure. Did it come with the speaker as well?

I acquired an earlier version, the DX150b at an estate sale and found
it to be straightforward to use. The manual (at least mine) did a good
job of explaining how to use bandspread and main tuning. Once you have
that down the rest is easy.

If you make a Bandspread vs Main tuning chart you can accurately tune
to 5 KHz or better every time. Find an ''anchor'' station at the end
of each band. Set the Bandspread to 0 or 100 (as appropriate) when
tuned to said anchor (e.g. WWV on 10.0). Tune bandspread and log
stations with real frequency vs Bandspread indication. Do this for
each band and you'll be able to extrapolate the channels in between.

Graph paper comes in handy.