Old May 2nd 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Rufus T. Firefly

Default 40M band closed ?

Well, we are at solar minimun right now. That could be part of it...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am a SWL from Bangalore,India, and i heard from the HAMs here that it
is difficult to have QSOs in 40m band like they used to do some 5 years
back. It seems that they were able to have QSOs with just 5w (distance
of 400KM and more), but now even if they are pumping 50W SSB they are
not able to have comfortable QSOs seperated by a distance of just 50KM.
I designed and built a super het receiver and i am not able to receive
anything in the 40m Band. Are there any reasons for the above said
experiences?
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shan