Old May 2nd 06, 06:47 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.misc
news

Default FS: Motorola MCS2000 UHF 40 Watt Remote Head

Thats the problem. They may be clones of well known radios but not type
approved as yet. Lot of hoops to jump through to import in bulk.

"Yobbo" wrote in message
I wonder if they are type approved for use in VK?

MCS2000 is a nice radio

"news" wrote in message
u...
Seen a couple of the hand helds so far. The kenwood copies are very

good.
The motorola radios are also very good. I noticed Andy posted in vkham
that
he didn't like one of them. It had a dtmf tone that was too quite to use
in
triggering echolink or irlp nodes via radio. But in general there has

been
good reports from a highly qualified tech in a government sector that

has
been testing them for some time now.

"Kev" wrote in message

news wrote:

Thats ok. We don't need it anyway. Motorola is nice but now the

chinese
are
making copies and selling them for 1/10 the price. Good luck ol man.

Just
wanted to let the wind out of your sails.

no worries news not my radio mate just showing what some ******s are
trying to sell on ebay as cb's who needs 110 w bit of an over kill i
reckon it would cause all sorts of trouble in the city what are those
little hand held 5 w chinese jobs like on ebay they seem cheap enough
might be good on 70 cm or 2 m

Probably as good as any new Kenwood or Motorola that they are cloned

from

and for a small fraction of the name brand price

Kev