Old May 2nd 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Highland Ham

Default PROJECT BOX

Butch Magee wrote:
I'm looking for a supplier of project boxes (metal). What I need right
now is a 4 x 7 x 5 in. Or numbers close to this, abt. 1/2in either way
for a little ant. tuner I want to put together.

Suggest you don't make the enclosure too small for a matching box (tuner).
Any inductor too near metal , will affect the inductor's Q
A rule of thumb is to keep the inductor away from the enclosure not less
than 1 diameter(of the inductor)
For this reason I am constructing an antenna matching unit in a plywood
enclosure or perhaps MDF ,although I understand MDF is no longer used in
the USA,because in contains phenolic resin. Perhaps someone in the know
on this NG can confirm this.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH