Old May 2nd 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.radio.cb
GregS

Default recording using a Astatic D-104 mic

In article , "St. John Smythe" wrote:
robert440 wrote:
At one point I did play with creating a dynamic version of the D104, but the
project never flew.

Imagine my chagrin. I just took apart my D104 to check the markings on
the dynamic element I was sold in the '70s. It says MC-320, which,
according to a quick web lookup, is a crystal element.
blush

This may be a good time to install that Heil element...

That would seem a simple and easy way out. just hope it sounds the same.
Crystal do not last but ceramic does. The response of the D-104
is shown here.....
http://www.astatic.com/cb/d104m6b.htm
The handheld mic is supposed to have the same element, which is still available.
I would call them.

+22 dB at 3.2 kHz over 100 Hz.

The Heil is very different.

The classic D-104 sound is heard through a transmitter with cutoff's
and compression, and lots of garbling!!

greg