Old May 3rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Black

Default Degen DE-1107 / Kaito KA-1107 portable shortwave radio - what to expect?

Stephanie; You'll probably like the 1107 a lot. It sounds good, works
well, runs forever on batteries, and has a cool dial light. It reminds me a
lot of the old Sony analog 7600 series, and I believe it works just as well
as they did.
I've had the other Degens, and understand why you like analog tuning.
They're all great sets for the money, but when you want to just tune around,
the 1107 is the most fun.

John

"Stephanie Weil" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been looking at this radio as sort of a larger version of a "daily
use carry around" radio to upgrade from my little J-Win JX-M14 pocket
set.

I'm not expecting any great things like I probably should/would from
Sony's top-of-the line radio (the ICF-SW7600GR ).

I just want something with a dial & needle in order to rapidly surf
around the dial for general listening but no hybrid digital radio with
an analog looking dial. But I do want something decent.

The dual-conversion feature it advertises seems to be nice. Would this
radio be all it's cracked up to be or is it a total dud?

By the way, what are people's opinions on the SONY ICF-SW7600GR ? I'm
looking to get that as my "quality portable".

I do collect radios, it seems.

Thanks for your help!!

Stephanie Weil
New York City