Old May 3rd 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Degen DE-1107 / Kaito KA-1107 portable shortwave radio - what to expect?

Consider the Degen DE1105..

i t has a dial to shuffle through the frequencies

Double reduction
and is shirt pocket size..

- Also have the Jwin JX-m-14

This is way above it in quality. .

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm

Stephanie Weil wrote:
I've been looking at this radio as sort of a larger version of a "daily
use carry around" radio to upgrade from my little J-Win JX-M14 pocket
set.

I just want something with a dial & needle in order to rapidly surf
around the dial for general listening but no hybrid digital radio with
an analog looking dial. But I do want something decent.

The dual-conversion feature it advertises seems to be nice. Would this
radio be all it's cracked up to be or is it a total dud?

Thanks for your help!!

Stephanie Weil
New York City
USA