Old May 3rd 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010

Default TecSun PL 500

"tao lao" wrote in message
ups.com...
some said that E10 has moderate quality because it made in China, is it
true? cause i think Eton still has quality control to maintain their
brand image

I like my E-10. it has nice features. It's user friendly, and the speaker is
not to bad. The sensitivity is good, but some say it has a problem with
adjacent channel rejection, but I have not noticed it in mine. The
wide/narrow filter works pretty well.

When buying these portables, it's important, I think, to keep perspective.
You pretty much get what you pay for. They are good for what they are, so
keep your expectations within reason, and then, like me, you may be
pleasantly surprised.

Recently I bought a Kaito 1103 & the E-10, and took them on vacation, and
had a great time comparing them, using different antennas etc. It was a lot
of fun, and I did not spend a fortune.