Old May 3rd 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Measuring quarter wave cable length with HP 8405A

Gary Schafer wrote:
The wanted frequency is 145 Mhz.
Rather than seeing 90 degrees delay with the added 50 ohm line section
I only see 60 degrees of delay?? If I run the frequency up to around
180 Mhz I get the 90 degrees delay shown on the 8405A.
What do you suppose I am doing wrong in the measurement setup?

I don't understand the description of the test setup so
this may be a stupid question but what would a 50 ohm
SWR meter read if installed in that 50 ohm line during
the test?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp