Old September 8th 04, 05:31 PM
Peter Lemken

Walt Davidson wrote:
On 8 Sep 2004 15:42:06 GMT, (Peter Lemken)
wrote:

Hams used to be on the forefront of technology, these days they are mere
consumers.

I am a radio ham. Not a computer software engineer.

I am a radio ham. Not a computer software engineer.

Do you use your computer for ham radio?

PS: If you want to see what Open Source can do to your favorite hobby, take
a look at Elecraft's K2. They do what I described above and the result is an
outstanding piece of equipment, because they value input from their
customers. Their documentation is as good as it gets.

What does this have to do with Linux vs Windows?

It seems you have never heard of the term Open Source Software and what
makes it so fundamentally different from proprietary sofware. Sad.

Take a look how Elecraft develops its products, how they treat their
customers, value their input and improve their product by taking community
feedback into account.

Compare to Icom.

PS2:

Play Station 2?

Runs with Linux, yes.

The line about "excellent network/internet software" is about the best
joke I've ever heard.

No joke.

Oh. Just cluelessness then.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly