Old May 4th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan Richardson

Default 4:1 balun question

On Wed, 03 May 2006 13:22:45 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

The single core designs are usually voltage baluns and
what we hams want are balanced currents. I don't see
why you couldn't just add a husky 1:1 W2DU style choke
on the 50 ohm side of your 4:1 voltage balun to inhibit
common mode current. The extra toroid in the afore mentioned
QEX article is a 1:1 choke attached to a 4:1 voltage balun.

Did you read the article Cecil? He place the current balun/choke on
the opposite side. Looked like an interesting approach.

Danny

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one
useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three
or more is a congress. - John Adams

email: k6mheatarrldotnet
http://www.k6mhe.com/